The Caring Community Foundation has been helping triangle-area cancer patients for 16 years by providing assistance with basic needs and expenses that become difficult to manage during treatment. Our social worker/patient navigator network is the critical link between patients and CCF financial support.
Patient Assistance Request Process
The basic criteria for consideration is as follows:
- Have a diagnosis of cancer (any type)
- Currently receiving treatment at a triangle-area hospital or clinic
- Have exhausted all other forms of financial assistance and have a genuine need for an expense to be paid*
- Have a unique expense that cannot be handled by the patient and that cannot be covered by other forms of assistance (adult diapers, specialty garments, etc.)
If the patient fits the basic criteria, the social worker will complete the online request. Requests are reviewed daily by our Patient Request Liaison.
If a request is approved, the application is forwarded to a check writer. Most checks are written directly to vendors. Exceptions are made in unique situations. Checks are mailed within 48 hours of receiving approval.
If a request is denied, the social worker is immediately notified as to the reason.
Patients are eligible to receive assistance through Caring Community Foundation only once, even if they are receiving treatment at a different facility than before.
*Expenses regularly covered:
- Utility Bills (electricity, gas, phone)
- Car loan payments / insurance premiums
- Health Insurance premiums/COBRA payments
- Temporary Housing
- Doctor Visit Co-pays
- Medical equipment/ Home Readiness
For more information, please contact:
Brenda Herbert, RN — Patient Request Liaison
Maria Hernandez — Executive Director